Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hill Climbs (7mi)

Took the dog for a warm up run, the followed up with some hill climbs.

Weight: 136 lbs
Time: 58 min

Got to bed a little late last night due to the dog's training class.  Slept okay, with a couple of wake ups.  After warming up and stretching, I did push ups, pull ups, and upper body cross training.

Wasn't sure what I was going to run today, as I felt a bit tired.  This should have been a clue as to how things would progress, but I figured I'd try to go ahead with my usual hill climbs, but with fewer reps to go along with my pre-race taper.

The dog is getting better at staying close to a heeled position while running, but she's better at it while walking.  Finished up the neighborhood loop with her, then dropped her off back home.  Went back out to run four hill climbs.

They didn't go very well this week.  My form felt good, but my speed was off and I felt overworked most of the time.  It could have been the previous night's interrupted sleep, but it could also be a sign of over training.