Sunday, November 22, 2009

Saturday Run (6mi)

For my last "long" run before my race, I took the dog on a short, but more challenging, trail run.

Weight: 135.5 lbs
Time: 54 min

Slept alright and rested this morning before going on my run.  Decided to try out my "mini-Xterra" with the dog in preparation for Thursday's Turkey Trot 15K.  Since I only want to get a 6 mile run done, I figured that I'd only make it to the pass overlooking the Wildwood trails.

I should have realized that the course was too treacherous to run with the dog.  Before the first mile was finished I ended up tripping on a rock, but couldn't recover because the dog was pulling on my right arm.  I went down and ended up with scratches on my right forearm, hip, and knee.  I made sure that I and the dog were fine before dusting myself off and continuing the run.  After the fall I was considerably more warmed up and did better after that.  I was able to go quickly in some areas, but had to make the dog slow down and walk in areas where I didn't trust her not to pull me too much.  Overall we ran a 9:00/mi pace, which was slow but at least I did the miles.