Thursday, October 15, 2009

Intervals (5.6 mi)

The rain stopped last night, so I took the dog to the park for some intervals.

Weight: 134 lbs
Time: 44 min

Did lower body cross training, even though I had some cramps during the night.  I had hoped that stopping the meds yesterday would stop the cramps since I had been fine throughout the day, but they woke me up around 1am.

Warmed up with 1 mile run to the soccer fields, followed by 8 x 100 m striders (w/100 m cool downs.)  After that, we ran 4 x 800 m intervals w/200 m cool downs.  Finished up with an easy run back home.

No rain today, but the fields were still very muddy in spots.  Overall, the run went well even with the tricky terrain.  The dog did fairly well, with only the second interval being around a 6:00/mi pace.  The rest of them were closer to a 5:45/mi pace.  Future sessions should go better as the dog gets stronger and fields are more stable.