Thursday, October 22, 2009

Intervals (6.1mi)

Did some 1/4 mile intervals with the dog.

Weight: 134.5 lbs
Time: 48 min

Very minimal stomach issues last night.  I made sure to drink some water with everything I ate, which couldn't have hurt.  I didn't even need to take a gas pill and still slept well through the night.  However, I know that I'm not 100% yet, so I'm going to continue being careful.

Did lower body cross training exercises after warming up and stretching.  Warmed up with 1 mile run to the soccer fields, followed by 8 x 100 m striders (w/100 m cool downs.)  After that, we ran 8 x 400 m intervals w/200 m cool downs.  Finished up with an easy run back home.

The dog is really improving in terms of endurance.  There was only one interval where we were a bit slower than a 6:00/mi pace.  The rest of the time we were doing at least a 5:50/mi pace, with a couple closer to 5:35/mi.