Thursday, December 10, 2009

Intervals (7.1mi)

Took the dog for a 2 mile warm up, then ran 1/2 mile intervals.

Weight: 137 lbs
Time: 54 min

Went to bed early and slept well, but still not caught up on my rest.  Did my warm up, stretching, and lower body cross training.

Warmed up with a 2 mile run with the dog.  After getting her back home I ran to the soccer fields, followed by 8 x 100 m striders (w/100 m cool downs.)  After that, I ran 4 x 800 m intervals w/100 m cool downs.  Finished up with an easy run back home.

Cold again today, but with frost on only a few of the roofs.  I wore gloves and arm warmers but only my arms got warm.  Warming up was a lot of work, but I did get some good speed eventually.  I was able to do 5:40/mi for the first two intervals, but dropped to a 6:00/mi pace for the final two.

Considering how badly I did today, and the fact that I can't seem to catch up on my rest, I might be over training.  I might skip my run tomorrow.