Thursday, December 17, 2009

Run/Walk Intervals (7.7mi)

Took the dog for a 2 mile warm up, then ran 1/4 mile intervals.

Weight: 135.5 lbs
Time: 69 min

Went to bed early and slept well.  Did my warm up, stretching, and lower body cross training.

Warmed up with a 2 mile run/walk with the dog.  After getting her back home I ran to the soccer fields, followed by 8 x 100 m striders (w/100 m walking cool downs.)  After that, I ran 8 x 400 m intervals w/100 m walking cool downs.  Finished up with a run/walk back home.

Windy and warmer this morning.  Wouldn't have been a good day for speed work even if I wasn't working through a sore ankle.  Stuck with 8 min/2 min run walks again.  For the striders and intervals I worked easier than usual, but still kept a quick pace.  For the cool downs I walked the usual distances.