Thursday, December 31, 2009

Intervals (7.2mi)

Took the dog for about a mile warm up, then ran 1/2 mile intervals.

Weight: 138.5 lbs
Time: 59 min

Napped yesterday and went to bed early and slept okay, but not great.  Did my warm up, stretching, but skipped lower body cross training.

Warmed up with a mile run with the dog.  I had meant to do a 2 mile run with her, but she was totally unmanageable and managed to hurt herself.  After getting her back home I ran to the soccer fields, followed by 8 x 100 m striders (w/100 m cool downs.)  After that, I ran 4 x 800 m intervals w/100 m cool downs.  Finished up with a run back home.

Did kind of badly today.  Pushed too hard on the first interval, going faster than a 5:30/mi pace.  The three intervals after that were closer to a 6:00/mi pace than I would have liked.