Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Run/Walk (8.3mi)

My ankle is sore, so I took the dog out for some run/walk intervals.

Weight: 136 lbs
Time: 76 min

Went to bed at a good time, and got some good rest.  After warming up and stretching, I did push ups, pull ups, and upper body cross training.

I'm going to stick to run/walk intervals for awhile since my right ankle started bugging me yesterday.  Today I did 8 min/2 min intervals, keeping my runs to a mellow pace.

Took the dog out for a 2 mile loop, but she was a major pain in the ass.  Having her yanking me off balance constantly didn't help my ankle any, so I might exclude her from runs for a few days.  After dropping her off at home I went back out for another 6 miles.

My plan is to stick to the active recovery intervals for at least a week, skipping my usual speed work.  If possible, I still plan to maintain my mileage levels.