Monday, December 21, 2009

Tempo Run (9.4mi)

Warmed up with a short run with the dog, followed by a slow paced tempo run.

Weight: 137 lbs
Time: 73 min

Got about 8 hours night.  I warmed up, stretched, and did push ups, pull ups, and upper body cross training.  Took the dog for a mellow warm up.  After that I did my usual tempo route but kept to a 6:50/mi pace before cooling down for around 3 miles.

Having just gotten over ankle pain, I kept to an easier pace during the tempo section.  My ankle never did complain, but my upper quads are reminding me that I did 12 miles of trail work on Saturday.  I probably need to get to bed earlier for the next few days to help recover.

Trying out my new Brooks road shoes.  They feel a bit lighter than my last pair, but nicely cushioned under my fore foot.  They might be a little tight, but then again I might just need to trim my toe nails.