Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hill Climbs (8.9mi)

Went for a short warm up run with the dog before doing hill climb repeats.

Weight: 136.5 lbs
Time: 75 min

Had a short nap after lunch, but my sleep that night was a little off due to stress from work and the pets acting out.  Woke up a bit frazzled feeling, but remarkably less stressed.  After warming up and stretching I did push ups, pull ups, and upper body cross training.

It wasn't too wet out when the dog and I started our run, but it picked up a bit before we were done.  The dog is always unhappy to go out into the rain, but adjusts quickly once we're on our way.

After dropping the dog back home, I went out to my 1/2 mile hill climb and did 6 repeats up and down the hill.  My left leg (knee and shin) let me know things weren't perfect, and my right ankle was a little sloppy for a bit, but I got through the session without a problem.  I'll just have to wait to see how I feel later.