Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday Run (10mi)

Went for a mellow, but very hilly, run before I taper for next week's half marathon.

Weight: 137 lbs
Time: 90 min

I skipped my Friday run, partly due to laziness, but also to give my legs a break since a muscle in my left leg was pretty tight.

Since I didn't run yesterday, I didn't bother to take a nap.  I went to bed at a decent time, and got around eight hours of sleep, but I kept getting woken up at various times so I didn't feel that well rested.  I did my warm up and stretching routine, but didn't take anything on my run to stay hydrated.  I didn't plan on pushing very hard, so I didn't think I'd need it.  It didn't seem to hurt my performance.

I ran my nasty "mini-Xterra" course, going 5 miles out, then coming back along the same route.  I tripped once during the warm up, but stayed upright.  My left leg felt much better today, but my left ankle seems to be a bit tender, something I didn't notice until I started the run.  Fortunately, I didn't push myself, and I don't have any running planned until Monday.  Also, I will be napping later today to help recover from the exertion.

Next week, the taper begins...